Subscribe to Pro or Enterprise plans to unlock this feature.
Become a smarter investor today.
Become a smarter investor today.
This statistic highlights Jabil Circuit’s Revenue by Segment, reported on a quarterly basis from Q1 2016 onwards.
Jabil Inc. is an American worldwide manufacturing services company. Their primary offerings are electronic manufacturing services and solutions. The company is one of the leading providers of outsourced electronics manufacturing services in the world. Jabil has manufacturing parts in most of the major countries of the world. They provide services to various industries including healthcare, automotive, networking, storage, etc. The company was formerly known as Jabil Circuits Inc. The Company offers design services, which include Electronic Design, Industrial Design Services, Mechanical Design, Computer-Assisted Design, Product Validation, and Manufacturing Test Solution Development. Their main competitors are Benchmark Electronics Inc., Hon-Hai Precision Industries, Plexus Corp., Flextronics International Ltd, etc.
The company operates under two segments -Electronics Manufacturing Systems (EMS) and Diversified Manufacturing Services (DMS). The EMS segment is focused on supply chain design and engineering, leveraging information technology, technologies centered on core electronics, etc. The company’s EMS segment serves customers primarily in the automotive, capital equipment, computing and storage, digital home, industrial and energy, networking, and telecommunications industries. The DMS segment is focused on providing engineering solutions and a focus on material sciences and technologies. The company’s DMS segment serves customers in wearable technologies, consumer lifestyles, defense and aerospace, healthcare, and packaging industries.
The EMS segment forms the major part of the business with about 55% of the total revenue coming from it and the remaining 45% from the DMS segment. Apart from some exceptions like in the third quarter of 2019 where DMS contribution to total revenue was about 65% and the fourth quarter of 2019 where EMS contribution to the total revenue was about 90%.
The total revenue in 2019 was $25.27 billion which was 10% higher than the previous year’s revenue of $22.73 billion. Revenue from both segments has shown significant variations quarterly. After the last quarter of 2018 revenue from DMS went up to $3.00 billion in the first quarter of 2019 from $2.40 billion in the previous quarter. DMS revenue dropped in the second quarter of 2019 to $2.26 billion before reaching an all-time high of $3.99 billion in the third quarter. In contrary revenue’s dropped to an all-time low in the last quarter of 2019 to $597.87 million. The first quarter of 2020 saw DMS revenues normalize back to $3.09 billion.
The EMS revenue also went up in the first quarter of 2019 to $3.50 billion from $3.37 billion in the previous quarter. The revenue from EMS went up to $3.80 billion in the second quarter and then dropped down to $2.15 billion in the third quarter. In the last quarter of 2019 EMS revenue’s shot up to $5.98 billion. 2020 Q1 revenues started going back to normal but were above the average revenue from this segment at $4.42 billion.
The decreasing revenues are not a cause of worry for investors as the revenue’s shoot back up to normal almost immediately after declines. The increase in revenue has all set new all-time highs for Jabil’s revenue. We can expect such quarterly deviations from normal in 2020 as well due to the recent corona virus outbreak, but the future looks bright for Jabil Inc.
Did you like Jabil Circuit’s Revenue by Segment statistic?
Access more such KPI data points and segment financials on thousands of US stocks, with Business Quant.
You can get started here.
Always know what you’ll pay. No hidden costs or surprises.
* Billed annually, local taxes extra.
* Local taxes extra.