This interactive statistic highlights AT&T’s revenue by segment from the first quarter of 2017 till the latest quarter of 2020. AT&T is a media and telecommunications giant that owns HBO, WarnerMedia, it provides wireless and wired voice connections in addition to broadband and video services.
Per our database, AT&T earns its revenues from four major segments:
- Communications segment- This segment includes wireline and wireless telecom, video and broadband services under AT&T’s umbrella of offerings.
- Business Wireline provides IP-based services as well as traditional voice and data services. The revenue generated has fell from $7.33 billion in Q1 of 2017 to $6.59 billion by the end of 2019. The revenue has risen in the last quarter of 2017, but has subsequently fallen thereafter.
- Mobility provides wireless service and equipment is the best performing segment over the years in terms of revenue when compared to others. The category had earned the highest revenue, as much as $19.17 billion in the last quarter of 2017 after which it rapidly fell to $17.36 billion and $17.28 billion in the Q1 and Q2 of 2018 respectively. In 3 years the revenue has grown from $17.10 billion in Q1 of 2017 to $18.70 billion by the end of 2019. Per AT&T’s revenue by segment statistic, its revenues from the mobility segment are seen to account for about 32% of the company’s overall revenues.
- Entertainment Group provides video, including over-the-top (OTT) services, broadband and voice services. The overall revenue has decreased from $12.47 billion in the Q1 of 2017 to $11.23 billion by the end of 2019. Similar to the above two cases, this category also earned its highest revenue of $12.56 billion in the last quarter of 2017, only to fall thereafter.
- Warner Media- This segment involves the development, production and distribution of feature films, television, gaming and other content in physical and digital formats.
- Home Box Office, which consists of premium pay television and OTT services as well as content licensing and home entertainment has started earning revenues from the Q2 of 2018. The earnings have increased at a rapid pace due to increasing popularity of OTT services. The earning were just 281 million at the start and have risen year after year except for the Q1 of 2019 when it fell to $1.51 billion. However, the category has recorded an overall increase by earning as much as $1.70 billion by the end of 2019.
- Turner operates multichannel basic television networks and digital properties and sells advertising. The revenue earned has increased at a very rapid pace after the Q1 of 2018. The category has recorded an overall increase by increasing its earnings from $105 million in the Q1 of 2017 to $3.26 billion by the end of 2019.
- Warner Bros. consists of production, distribution and licensing of television programming and feature films, other home entertainment products and production and distribution of games. It started earning revenues from the Q2 of 2018 and has increased its popularity and share in overall revenue of the company. The revenue has risen from $507 million to $4.12 billion by the end of the last quarter of 2019.
- Latin America- AT&T provides entertainment and wireless services outside the US under the segment.
- Vrio, which provides video services has recorded an overall fall in revenue from $1.34 billion in the Q1quarter of 2017 to $982 million by the end of the last quarter of 2019.
- Mexico, which provides wireless service and equipment has recorded an overall increase in its revenue from $588 million in the Q1 of 2017 to $776 million by the end of 2019, however the category has grown at a comparatively lower rate as compared to other categories.
- Xandr- It provides advertising services across video and digital platforms. The segment has shown improvement through the years but the rate of growth of revenue is less as compared to other segments as the revenue has grown from $31 million in the Q1 of 2017 to $607 million by the end of the last quarter of 2019.
Did you find AT&T’s revenue by segment statistic interesting?
Get access to more such granular datasets by registering for Free.