This statistic highlights Zebra Technologies’ Revenue by Segment, split between Asset Intelligence & Tracking, and Enterprise Visibility and Mobility segments, reported on a quarterly basis from Q1 2018 onwards.
Zebra Technologies’ Revenue by Segment
This table shows Zebra Technologies’ Revenue by Segment, in some of the recent quarters.
|Revenue by Segment
||Contribution in Q3 2021
|Enterprise Visibility and Mobility
|Asset Intelligence & Tracking
(In millions, except percentages)
Enterprise Visibility and Mobility – EVM
EVM stands for “Enterprise Visibility and Mobility”, which is leading the industry with its data capture and automatic information solutions. Industries amidst which its functionality revolves are manufacturing, e-commerce and retail, transportation and logistics, healthcare, and the public sector. Currently, its operational regions include North America, Asia-Pacific, EMEA, and Latin America. Its product lines are bifurcated below:
- Mobile Computing: This line manufactures robust and enterprise-grade mobile computing products and accessories in a variety of designs and factors so that it fulfills every requirement that arose in affiliated enterprise applications. Some of its applicant and applications are: Industrial applications comprise distribution centers and inventory management in warehouses; Field mobility applications constitute field service, parcel and post, and direct store delivery; Customer and Retail applications constitute e-commerce, inventory look-up, staff collaboration, omnichannel, mobile point of sale, and analytics.
- Data Capture and RFID: Data capture products entail analysis and timely decision making on the hand of the enterprise by capturing business-critical information through decoding pictures and barcodes then transferring the resulting information to the systems. On the other hand, the Radio frequency identification devices (“RFID”) line of products uses ultra-high frequency (“UHF”) technology to capture the data.
- Services: It primarily includes maintenance, technical support, and repair services. In addition, the company also provides managed and professional services which come in handy when the customer requires assistance in designing, testing, deploying as well as managing their mobility devices, workflows, and software applications.
- Workflow optimization solutions: It assists customers in analyzing and acting on data in real-time, through a portfolio of software-based solutions, which improves the agility and productivity of key operational workflows. It comprises workforce management, task management, and workflow execution solutions; prescriptive analytics solutions; as well as collaboration and communication solutions.
Asset Intelligence & Tracking – AIT
AIT stands for “Asset Intelligence & Tracking”, which is leading the industry with its barcode printing and asset tracking technologies. Industries amidst which its functionality revolves are retail, manufacturing, e-commerce, transportation and logistics, healthcare, and the public sector. Currently, its operational regions include North America; Asia-Pacific; Lattin America; Middle East, Europe, and Africa (“EMEA”). Its product lines are bifurcated below:
- Barcode and Card Printing: This line manufactures premium quality labels, tickets, receipts, wristbands, and on-demand plastic cards. It offers a wide variety of applications to its users including routing and tracking, transaction processing, patient safety, personal identification, and product authentication. In addition, they also provide specialty printing for receipts and tickets which leads to productivity gains and improved customer services.
- Supplies: This line supports and encourages the use of supplies with printing products. Backed by its premium quality, high-performance, and user-centric optimization, it offers a wide range of products including stock and customized thermal labels, plastic cards, receipts, ribbons, and RFID tags suited to be used with the printers. In addition, it also includes self-laminating wristbands for laser printers and temperature-monitoring labels mainly used in vaccine distribution.
- Services: It primarily includes maintenance, technical support, and repair services. This line also provides managed and professional services including the services which assist the users to manage their domain software and related software applications. These service agreements are done through multiple service levels and cloud-based subscriptions.
- Location Solutions: It offers RTLS i.e. Real-time Location systems and services which combine active and passive tracking technologies and RFID, enabling the user to track, manage, locate, and optimize the utilization of enterprise assets and personnel. The products included are sensors, exciters, tags, middleware software, and application software and are primarily deployed in the industries viz. manufacturing, transportation and logistics, sports, aerospace, and healthcare.
- Retail Solutions: This line assists specifically the retail industry, by providing them with a range of physical inventory management solutions, which include full store physical inventories solution, analytics, and cycle counts. These solutions require utilization of barcode scanners of RFID readers as well as associated software.
About the Company
Zebra Technologies Corporation is a renowned innovative digital solution company, providing Enterprise Asset Intelligence (“EAI”) solutions in the Automatic Identification and Data Capture (“AIDC”) products. It facilitates the customers and end-users to attain critical business objectives with the company’s proven solutions, furthermore improves operational efficiency, expands asset utilization, optimizes workflows, improves regulatory compliances, and at-last leads to better customer experiences. Founded in 1969, its headquarter is located in Lincolnshire, United States. It operates through its two reportable segments namely, Enterprise Visibility and Mobility (“EVM”) and Asset Intelligence & Tracking (“AIT”). It is listed on the stock exchange “NASDAQ” under the ticker symbol “ZBRA”. Some of its primary competitors are Motorola Solutions Inc, Commscope Holding Company Inc, Nokia Corp, and Cisco Systems Inc.
Did you like Zebra Technologies’ Revenue by Segment?
Access more such key performance indicator (KPI) data points, on thousands of US stocks, with Business Quant.
You can get started here.