$49 per month*
Become a smarter investor today.
Become a smarter investor today.
This statistic highlights Overstockcom’s Gross Profit by Segment, split between retail and other, reported annually from 2015 onwards.
Overstock.com Inc. is an American internet retailer primarily selling furniture, with headquarters in Midvale, Utah. Patrick M. Byrne founded Overstock.com in 1999. The company continues to sell home decor, furniture, bedding, and more as clearance items, but it also sells new products. The company also operates an auction site where interested entities can buy and sell products and services. Lists of cars and real estate for sale are also available on the company’s website.
|Segment||2018||2019||2020||Contribution to Gross Profit in 2020|
(all figures are in millions, except percentages)
Overstockcom generates a major share of its gross profit from the sales of its products in the other category. In 2020, 98.59% of its revenue was generated from the other products category while only 1.41% of the revenue was generated from retail.
The gross profit earned stood at $579.54 million in 2020. It witnessed a huge increase of 99.77%, from $290.09 million in 2019 to $579.54 million in 2020. From 2018 to 2020, the gross profit increased by 63.75%, as compared to $353.91 million in 2018.
Gross Profit of the company can be bifurcated into the following segments:
Constitutes the small part of gross profit, indicating a minor share of 1.41% of the total revenue in the year 2020. In 2020, the company generated $8.18 million from the sale of the products in this category.
A huge constant increase in the share of the gross profit is seen in the past 5 years (except for 2019). This is evident from the statistics, as it rose from $4.98 million to $5.01 million in 2016 and 2017 respectively, indicating 0.60% of the incline in gross profit. Further, this increase in gross profit continued as it rose from $5.01 million to $5.92 million in 2017 and 2018 respectively, registering an increase of about 18.16%. This incline was interrupted as gross profit declined to $5.14 million in 2019, indicating a slight decline of 14.04%. Overall, it rose from $1.93 million to $8.18 million from 2015 to 2020. This indicates about 323.83% of the tremendous incline in the gross profit.
Constitutes the major part of gross profit, marking a major share of 98.59% of the total revenue in the year 2020. In 2020, the company generated $571.36 million from the sale of the products in this category.
A constant growth in the share of the gross profit is witnessed in the past 5 years (except for 2019). This is evident from the statistics, as it rose from $326.37 million to $335.55 million in 2016 and 2017 respectively, indicating 9.18% of the incline in gross profit. Further, this increase in gross profit continued as it rose from $335.55 million to $337.99 million in 2017 and 2018 respectively, registering an increase of about 2.40%. This incline was interrupted as gross profit declined to $287.99 million in 2019, indicating a slight decline of 14.79%. Overall, it rose from $302.72 million to $571.36 million from 2015 to 2020. This indicates about 88.74% of the tremendous incline in the gross profit. This region continues to have the largest share in revenue in the past 6 years (2015 to 2020).
Through its online business, the company provides a wide range of products including furniture, decor, rugs, beds and tubs, home improvement, outdoor, kitchen and dining room, and more. They sell their products and services through their websites at www.overstock.com, www.overstock.co, www.overstock.ca, and www.overstockGovernment.com and through their mobile application. Although their four websites are located at different domain addresses with different interfaces, the technology, equipment, and processes that support the website and the order fulfilment process described herein are the same for the four sites.
Overstock.com, Inc. is an American Internet retailer that primarily sells furniture and is headquartered in Midvale, Utah. Patrick M. Byrne founded Overstock.com in 1999. Their goal is to provide goods to furnish and equip “everyone’s dream home”, specifically for their target customers . Their target customers are consumers who seek smart value on quality and stylish products at competitive prices. They offer millions of products, of which more than 99% are online products (products in production). Additionally, the COVID-19 pandemic has shifted consumer migration to online shopping. Overstockcom regularly updates its product assortment to meet the evolving preferences of its customers and current trends.
Did you like Overstockcom’s Gross Profit by Segment statistic?
Access more such KPI data points and segment financials on thousands of US stocks, with Business Quant.
You can get started here.
Always know what you’ll pay. No hidden costs or surprises.
* Billed annually, local taxes extra.
* Local taxes extra.