$49 per month*
Become a smarter investor today.
Become a smarter investor today.
This statistic highlights Overstock.com’s revenue by segment from 2015 onwards, split between Retail and Others.
Overstock.com is an e-commerce retailer providing quality and stylish furniture, and home décor to its customers.
|Revenue by segment||2015||2016||2017||2018||2019||2020||Revenue contribution in 2020|
(All figures in millions, except percentages)
The total revenue of Overstock.com rose by 34.98% from $1,657.83 million in 2015 to $2,549.77 million in 2020. The revenue rose the greatest from $1,459.41 million in 2019 to $2,549.77 million in 2020, marking a 74.71%increase on a year-on-year basis. The revenue fell during two years; it dropped by 3.07% from $1.799.96 million in 2016 to $1,821.58 million in 2017, and by 19.88% from 1,821.58 million in 2018 to $2,549.77 million in 2019.
In 2020, the retail segment generated 97.8% of Overstock.com’s total revenue, whereas the Other segment contributed only 2.2%.
The retail segment of Overstock.com includes products like furniture, home décor like rugs, bath and bedding, kitchen and dining items. The goal of its retail business is to provide quality furniture at a competitive price. They target the millennial consumers through their website, who prefer online shopping over the regular brick and mortar stores, especially during the pandemic. Almost the entire revenue generated by the company’s retail segment is earned through customers in the United States.
The retail segment of Overstock.com has generated nearly all of its revenue. It contributed 97.8% to the total revenue of the company in 2020. The revenue generated by the retail segment grew by 50.6%, from $1,655.9 million in 2015 to $2,493.91 million in 2020. The revenue generated was the least in 2019, amounting to $1,434.97 million. But in the subsequent year of 2020, the revenue grew to $2,493.91 million, highest ever in the 6 years, marking a growth of 73.8% on a year-on-year basis.
The other segment of Overstock.com includes products and services that complement their primary retail business but aren’t significant to its retail revenues. It includes other businesses advertising their products and services on Overstock.com’s online retail website. The company also caters to customers outside the United States through third party logistics providers. They set up “Supplier Oasis” which is a single integration point through which suppliers can manage their inventory and sales channel. Revenue from all the above activities are included in the Other segment of the company.
The other segment of Overstock.com contributed only 2.2% to the total revenue of the company. The other segment of the company grew by 2,794.3% from $1.93 million in 2015 to $55.86 million in 2020. The segment grew steadily over the years, with revenue generated increasing each year. It grew from $24.44 million in 2019 to $55.86 million in 2020, marking a growth of 128.5% on a year-on-year basis.
About Overstock.com Inc.
Overstock.com Inc is an American tech-driven online retailer, primarily selling quality, affordable furniture. The company was founded in 1999 by Patrick M. Byrne. It is headquartered in Midvale, Utah, near Salt Lake City.
Their target customers are consumers who seek quality, stylish merchandise at competitive prices. The company’s product range includes furniture, home decor, kitchen and outdoor items. Their retail business includes the direct business and the fulfilment partner business. The direct business includes the sale and purchase of products manufactured by the company itself. The fulfilment partner business includes selling the products of other manufacturers and suppliers on their website on a commission basis. About 3,000 manufacturers, distributors and suppliers sell their products on Overstock.com’s website. In 2020, they have seen increase in sales revenue from their online website due to the pandemic restrictions.
Overstock.com Inc’s common stock is listed on the NASDAQ under the symbol “OSTK” and is a component of the Russell 2000.
Did you like Overstock.com’s revenue by segment statistic?
Access more such KPI (key performance indicator) data points, on thousands of US stocks, with Business Quant.
You can get started here.
Always know what you’ll pay. No hidden costs or surprises.
* Billed annually, local taxes extra.
* Local taxes extra.