This statistic highlights Nautilus’ Revenue by segment, split between Direct, Retail and Royalty segments, reported on a quarterly basis from Q1 2016 onwards.
Nautilus’ Revenue by segment
Nautilus’ total revenue fell from $155.39 million in Q3 2020 to $137.959 million in Q3 2021 roughly by 11.21%. It generates revenue from direct, retail and royalty segments.
|Revenue by Segment
(All figures are in millions)
- Direct Segment sells products directly to the consumer via television, catalogs company website, and advertising. The marketing mix includes combinations of email and direct mail campaigns, and social media.
- Direct segment’s revenue fell from $61.19 million in Q3 2020 to $37.853 million in Q3 2021 roughly around 38%. The Segment Contribution also dropped from 39% in Q3 2020 to 27.4% in Q3 2021. This quarter’s lower sales were primarily driven by lower sales of Bowflex Home Gyms, which were partially offset by higher sales of SelectTech weights.
- Retail Segment offers a line of fitness equipment under Bowflex, Schwinn, and Nautilus brands. The products are marketed through- a network of independent retail companies and specialty retailers with websites and stores located in the United States and various other countries.
- Revenue from Retail Segment increased from $93.16 million in Q3 2020 to $99.153 in Q3 2021 roughly by 6.43%. The revenue contribution by Retail Segment increased from 60% in Q3 2020 to 71.87% in Q3 2021.
- The Retail segment’s backlog was $82.9 million as of September 30, 2021. These figures represent customer orders for future shipments and are net of contractual rebates and consideration payable to relevant Retail customers. Due to a severe shortage of shipping containers, some factories fulfilled orders totaling more than $22 million in Retail backlog that did not ship as planned in late September. In October, 56% of those orders were shipped.
- A portion of their revenue is also derived from Brand licensing and intellectual property. The royalty income declined from Q3 2020 to Q3 2021 by 8.65%. However it increased from $0.71 million in Q2 2021 to $0.95 million in Q3 2021 marking a growth of 33.80% on a quarter-on-quarter basis.
About the company
Nautilus, Inc., is an American international manufacturer, inventor, and marketer of home fitness equipment founded in 1986. The merchandise is vended through a combination of internet, call centers, and retail shops.
- Bowflex – Bowflex brand represents a highly regarded line of fitness equipment. Cardio merchandise consists of C6 and VeloCore motorcycles, the Max Trainer line, and new treadmills. Strength merchandise consists of SelectTech dumbbells, kettlebells, and barbells, and Revolution domestic gym.
- Schwinn – Schwinn brand is known for exercise bikes, including connected fitness IC4. In addition to indoor cycling bikes, Schwinn also includes rowing machines and Schwinn Classic Cruiser bikes with a digital app.
- JRNY – It is a virtual health platform that coaches their member to acquire health aims through supplying exercising alternatives.
- Nautilus – Corporate umbrella brand used to differentiate specialized cardio equipment like treadmills, bikes, and ellipticals. It also develops variable resistance cable machines and sells via direct, retail, e-commerce, and independent channels
Did you like Nautilus’ Revenue by segment statistic?
Access more such key performance indicator data points, on thousands of US stocks, with Business Quant.
You can get started here.