Data Analytics Internship
Thank you for showing interest in Business Quant’s data analytics internship program. If you’re reading this, then you’ve been shortlisted to work with us.
Please complete and submit the assignment shared below by Friday
Submission Deadline: 15 January, 2021.
Assignment: You may download this source file. It’s a csv file (.csv format).
Please use Python (Pandas) calculate sales growth rates for all the items and store the values within the file, under a column called Sales Growth.
The formula = (Sales in current year/Sales in Last year)-1
Here’s the desired output.
- Use python for the calculation. Don’t calculate the figures manually.
- Don’t mix sales growth figures across categories and/or items. That is, in your calculation, don’t mix sales figures for Apple with Blueberries, and so on.
We’ve received over 1000 applications in the last week alone, and we may not be able to provide time-based extensions for your submissions.
Thank you for the amazing response!
No, this assignment is to assess your python skills.
2.1 GBs (bytes, not bits) and over 200 million rows of raw data. But that’s for later, when you begin your internship with us.
Some highlights of the internship program:
- Work on different kinds of datasets, some of which have over 30 million rows of data;
- Build dashboards using Python visualization libraries;
- Create scrapers using Selenium, BeautifulSoup etc. to build unique datasets
- Doing ETL on voluminous datasets using DataFrames
Stipend: 4,000/- per month
Time commitment: 5 to 8 hours/day
Working days: Monday to Friday
Tenure: 2 months
Perks: Flexible work hours, letter of recommendation and experience letter.
You may submit your solution at firstname.lastname@example.org, containing:
- Full name
- The degree you’re currently pursuing
- Your college/university name
- Your phone number
- The code itself
- A screenshot of the output
- The output csv file
- Mention your system specs. Specifically:
- RAM in your notebook/PC
- Processor (i3, i5, Ryzen with generation number ex: 10th i5)
If we like your submission, and its timeliness, we’ll schedule a phone interview with you to take your application forward.
I wish you all the best!
Founder & CEO