Welcome to Business Quant, we hope you enjoy our platform. Business Quant has formed the following terms and conditions to govern your use of the website. Your use or visit to the site, BusinessQuant.com, tells us that you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully. If you do not wish to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions, please do not access or otherwise use the site. Business Quant, hereinafter, will sometimes be referred to as BQ.
- Changes to Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at anytime. Your continued use of BusinessQuant.com means that you’ll accept any new or modified terms and conditions that BQ comes up with. You may visit this section to stay updated with any changes or alterations that we may introduce.
We also reserve the right to make changes to the site, which include altering, eliminating or discontinuing any content, service or feature of the site, which may include the introduction of fees, charges or other terms and conditions for the use of this site. Please visit this section to stay abreast with the latest terms and conditions.
- Disclosure & Disclaimer
The information available on the site is as is. Although we, our contributors and editors try our best to publish accurate, reliable and factually correct information on the site, BusinessQuant.com makes no representation, warranty or claim that the information available on the site is current or accurate. Neither BQ, nor its Editors, will not be responsible for any errors or omissions in the resources or information available at or from the site. You must exercise due caution and must verify any and all information sought from the site.
You understand that no content published on the site constitutes to a recommendation or investment advice. Everything published on the site is for educational and informational purposes only. You need to do your own due diligence, or talk to an investment advisor, before executing any investment or securities-related transaction.
You also understand that none of the contributors are personally advising you regarding investment decisions. All of content available on the site is for informational, representation and educational purposes only. You are solely responsible for your investment decisions and due diligence. You also agree that BQ won’t be held responsible for any data inaccuracy or damages or losses. Please do your own due diligence before investing.
You understand that an investment in any security is subject to a number of risks, and relevant risk factors won’t always be published alongside articles, blogs and opinions on the site. Also, some of the stocks about which content is published on the site have low market capitalizations and/or insufficient public float. Such stocks are subject to more risk than stocks of larger companies, including greater volatility, lower liquidity and less publicly available information. Content published on the site could have an effect on their stock prices.
You understand that BusinessQuant.com is a platform, not a research entity, and and does not publish any investment advice or opinion under its name. All the views and opinions expressed are of the authors’ and not necessarily shared by BusinessQuant.com. BQ, or its Editors, does not tell contributors what to write or what to recommend, this job is solely left to them. Therefore, our site may contain articles, blogs and opinions published by its contributors that may contradict the work of other contributors.
We ask all our contributors and editors to be transparent about disclosing their positions or beneficial interests below their articles, relating to the companies discussed. If we become aware that any of our contributors or editors have violated this disclosure policy, and given false information, appropriate action will be initiated. In addition, outside contributors may be subject to certain trading restrictions.
The content, information, software, products, features and services published on BusinessQuant.com may include inaccuracies. BQ reserve the right to edit, omit, delete or add information to the content available, or to the site, at any time. Our site may contain advertisements from time to time. You agree and understand that BQ are not responsible for the claims or representations made by these advertisers or sponsors.
Content published on BQ site may contain links to other websites. BQ does not necessarily endorse these websites and neither does BQ have any control over what these websites publish. You may use these websites for informational purposes with due caution. Please read the terms and conditions of these websites before you make any financial decision or engage in any activity there. You are solely responsible and liable for your use of these websites. You agree and acknowledge that Business Quant won’t be held responsible for any inaccuracy or misrepresentation of content published by these linked sites.
- Compliance with SEBI Guidelines
Our contributors are not required to be registered under SEBI’s research guidelines. As per SEBI’s FAQ’s found here:
“Question: Whether the persons making recommendations through public media are required to obtain registration under RA Regulations?
Answer: No. Any person who makes recommendation or offers an opinion concerning securities or public offers only through public media is not required to obtain registration as research analyst under RA Regulations.”
According to SEBI’s guidelines, BQ make it mandatory for all contributors to reveal the following below every article:
- Real name
- Registration status with SEBI
- Details of financial interest in the subject company
BQ does not publish any buy/sell recommendation under our branding so it’s not required by the SEBI to get a research analyst/entity status. All the stock-related or company-related content on the website is published by our contributors. As we’ve mentioned before, we do not tell our contributors what to write. This aspect is left solely to them.
We are a social media platform, just like many others out there. People are free to post their opinions on Business Quant, just like how people post opinions about companies on Facebook, Twitter, Stock twits and LinkedIn.
- Data protection and Privacy
BQ do not host any of the content, data, website, images, or parts of it and user information on any of our own servers. All this information is stored in an external web hosting service which claims to have taken adequate measures to safeguard against any viruses, denial of service attacks, hacks, hardware, technical or software failure in addition to defending against malicious attempts to tamper, steal or destroy the above mentioned files.
However, BusinessQuant.com does not claim, represent or provides a warranty as to whether these safeguards are bulletproof and perfect. BQ shall not be held liable to any loss of data, information, particulars, content or files that have been hosted on this external webhosting server.
BusinessQuant.com may be temporarily unavailable from time to time due to site maintenance, network disruption, server-end issues or due to other technical disruptions of this manner. BQ do not claim or represent to provide a 100% uptime of our website. BQ shall not be held liable for any loss of data or information as a result of interruption, suspension or termination of the service.
Business Quant at the time of user registration asks for personal information such as phone number, postal address, email etc. BQ may use this information to provide member benefits such as newsletters, updates about our services along with notifications about upcoming events. If you wish to unsubscribe from such emails, please click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails. With that said, BQ will never share your personal information and data provided by you, with any third party whatsoever.
- Intellectual property
All the content published on our site is the property of Business Quant. You’re free to use the site and the content published herein for non-commercial purposes provided that the content isn’t modified and all proprietary notices are kept intact.
We grant you the express permission to repost up to 50% of the article length for non-commercial purposes, in its original form, anywhere across social media granted you provide a backlink to the article, mention that the content was originally published on Business Quant and credit the author for his work. However, you may not edit and omit the original content. All other content is property of Business Quant and cannot be reposted, republished or reproduced without permission for commercial purposes.
- Suspension and Termination of Accounts
We reserve the right to suspend and terminate accounts and services of users who are involved in violating any of our terms and conditions. In addition, you agree not to:
- Try to block users from accessing the site
- Attempt to hack the website
- Try to scrape data off of the site
- Collect information about the site’s users
- Attempt to adopt, alter or mirror the site without permission
- Use or publish content on the site for unlawful activities
In addition to the aforementioned points, we also reserve the right to terminate accounts of users who are found:
- Swearing or using profane language on any portion of the site.
- Threatening authors, commenters or other users of the site in any way.
- Creating multiple accounts
- Using someone else’s account
- Publishing copyrighted content on any portion the site
- Publishing advertising content on any portion the site
- Publishing pornographic or pedophilia content on any portion the site
- Impersonating others
- Using the site for unlawful activities, in this case, we will contact relevant authorities immediately.
- Spamming on any portion the site
- Involving in unethical, inappropriate or misleading behavior.
- Spreading incorrect or false information
- Code of conduct for Authors and Editors
When you submit a post for publishing on Business Quant, you agree to:
- Publish your content under your real name
- Honestly disclose your holdings in companies mentioned in your articles
- Automatically grant Business Quant a royalty free, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and fully transferable and sublicense right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any user Submixwssion (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate any of your User Submission in other works now or in the future and in any media formats and through any media channels, and you confirm and warrant to Seeking Alpha that you own the copyright in each of your User Submissions and have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above license and rights.
- Not write articles or posts about companies with intent of impacting their stock price.
- Disclose all financial relationships with the companies discussed in your article.
- Waive any and all rights against Business Quant and Business Quant harmless in connection with any claims relating to any action taken by Business Quant as part of its investigation of a suspected violation or result of its conclusion that a violation of these TOU has occurred, including but not limited to the removal of User Submission from the site or a suspension or termination of your access to the site.
- Maintain an accurate biography section
In addition, you also agree not to:
- Publish or transmit content that you know is false, deceptive, misleading, incorrect or deceptive.
- Post any content that unlawful, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful or otherwise ethnically objectionable.
- Impersonate anyone
- Publish any non-public content without proper authorization from concerned companies
- Claim to offer investment advice, research reports or portfolio management services without the required certifications and clearances from SEBI.
- Post any copyrighted content
- Try to harvest information about the site’s users
Last updated on October 18, 2016.